Welcome to iTom!
Hi there! And thanks for checking out iTom.
The idea behind this is simple: Every week, I'll have a brand-new, never-before-heard song up here for download. You can get a 128 Kbps MP3 of the song free by subscribing to the RSS feed. You can also support the artist, i.e., me, by purchasing a higher-quality (192 Kbps) MP3 for only 99¢, or you can wait a few months for me to collect the songs into a downloadable album. (If you'd rather make a donation, you can do that through PayPal.)
The songs are released under a Creative Commons Noncommercial ShareAlike license, which basically means:
- you can copy or distribute the files
- you can make a derivative work (e.g., a parody, a remix, a music video)
- you must attribute the original song to me ("Words and Music © 2006 by Tom Smith - tomsmithonline.com")
- you can't use the song or the file for commercial purposes
- any derivative work you come up with must have an identical license
If, by the way, you stumbled across this, and you've never heard of me, Hi there! My name's Tom Smith. I'm a mostly-comedy folk-rocker with a penchant for SF/fantasy, pop culture, politics, and lousy, lousy puns. Think "Weird Al" Yankovic with a much larger book collection. You can hear some of my other songs at TomSmithOnline.com and on my page at MySpace.